Our education system has undergone numerous foundational changes in recent years. As compared to the education standards few decades back, today’s education standards are a lot different. Today education is not just qualifying your exams and getting a job, now being educated is much more than that. Now days being educated mean how one can use the education and knowledge to make this world better place to live and how that particular knowledge can improve our current social system. Today education is not just about an individual and his/her achievements; it’s also about the overall effect it will do on our current society.
Precisely this is the reason that now days education is combined with so many additional certifications and trainings. The additional certifications not just help the students to get the extra edge require to survive in this cut-throat competitive world but also to utilize the knowledge of their education in the most productive manner, which will lead to the overall growth of our society.
Importance of Certifications in Our Current Education System:
1. Offer an Extra Edge in the Competitive World: The certifications always offer an extra edge to the individuals in the competition. The companies and corporate hiring professionals always look for the additional certifications and trainings candidates possess besides the regular college courses. The candidates with higher number of relevant certifications always get preference over the ones who don’t have any. Not only this gives the substantiation of one’s potential and capabilities, it also tells the hiring committee how serious one is towards his/her choice of career and its future prospects.
2. Offer Authority in the Field: The certifications offer authority to the individuals in their field of choice. More relevant certifications one possesses in his/her field, more practical and theoretical knowledge is gained along the way. Slowly and steadily this knowledge will turn into specialization and eventually become authority in that very field.
3. Boost Self-Confidence: Possessing additional knowledge gives you a lot of self-confidence which is extremely important if you want to excel in your field. This self-confidence enables you to face any challenge that comes in your way and motivates you to come out as a winner every time.
4. Increase in your Practical Knowledge: Certifications are an excellent mode to increase the practical knowledge and hands-on experience of the candidates. Some certifications have certain number of hours of work experience as their pre-requisite, whereas, some are not deemed as qualified unless the student undergoes certain period of post-certification work experience or apprenticeship.
In both the situations, students gain practical experience in their field of choice which is additional to the practical or theoretical knowledge they will gain in their regular college courses.
5. Better Career Opportunities: While applying for the job, the hiring committee will always seek what extra the candidate can offer to the organization apart from the usual college degree and knowledge. Being qualified in the relevant certification in your field sets you apart and place you many steps ahead from the candidates who are not having the relevant certifications. Even while switching job from one company to another, if you possess the certification or training that is crucial for the new job, you automatically place yourself among the best candidates for that job.
Based on our discussion above, we clearly describe that the certifications are extremely important in our current education system. In next few years, it will be extremely difficult for the students to cope with the corporate competition without possessing certifications and trainings in their career field.